Sunday, December 21, 2008

Mini Tutorial!

Well I have had lots of feedback on how I distressed the Wish chipboard in the post below, so I thought I would do a little tutorial for you! (it's the first time I have attempted this I feel I should have taken more pictures! you may need to read between the lines!)

Ok so here it is, you will need, a chipboard shape this is a riff raff curly tree, 2 or more coloured ink pads, embossing powder, although I prefer to use clear pearl with this technique, a heat gun, and some glimmer mist but this is optional!

So choose your colours, I went with a lighter base colour this time and cover the shape completely, if your using glimmer mist add a little to the dried ink


So here is the tree with the first coat of inking and star has been inked in a goldy colour.
Actually the tree could also be used at this stage!

So as this was a larger chipboard shape I inked the second coat sparsely but I did a couple of branches and then poured on the embossing powder while I worked around. Shake off the loose powder add that back to your pot and then heat emboss.

Voila! A finished tree doesnt it look cool! I really like this technique and I hope you do too.

Here is an up close picture you can *kinda* see where the embossing powder held to the second colour.

Sometimes I really should wait until daylight to take pictures but I just finished this and planned to post the tutoral so thought I would post anyhow! This layout is just because, seems rare these days I do any layout`s without a sketch or challenge!

This is my Rough Draft Layout for this week :-) It's based on a sketch from out very talented guest designer Anam Stubbington! Her sketch is fantastic and so easy to work from too!Thats it for today! Comments welcome :-)

No comments: